How to Look After Pansies
Pansies are very easy to grow and look after, which makes them appeal to gardeners experienced and new. They come in a multitude of colours and will brighten up a garden in the cold winter months. Here is a brief guide to looking after them:
- Choose their position do that they get enough sunlight. They will need to be planted in well draining soil.
- Their roots will expand as they grow, so make sure there is enough distance between the pansies when you plant them.
- Make sure you water pansies once a week. When it’s warm, they might need watering more often if the soil feels dry to the touch. However, this is unlikely in the winter months.
- Plant pansies at the right time of year. This means before the ground starts to freeze over so that the roots can become well established before the cold weather sets in.
- When pansies are flowering, deadhead them regularly. This allows them to keep blooming.